Wednesday, July 2, 2008

What a day!


Today was the last day of NECC and the closing keynote address was streamed into SL at ISTE. The technology that made this possible was amazing. The video was very clear with some stuttering but, since I couldn't be there, it was very impressive to me.
Watching this live stream made me wonder if the future of NECC will include more streamed sessions. Is this the reason behind the new streaming regulations? Maybe virtual "paid" sessions will be in the future. This will open up NECC to a much larger audience but it will also cut into the amount of people who attend the physical conference. It will be interesting to see to see what the future brings.


I also spent most of the day getting the new TNC conference center ready. I have "fenced" off the area and placed the building that will be our conference center. I thought about building the structure myself but then decided to look around for ideas and found a building that I thought would work just as well as if I made it myself.

It is an open environment which has 2 floors and a roof. The floors will have small collaboration and experimentation areas.

The roof has a conference area which allows people to fly in for presentations.
The plan for the rest of the land is to have areas for collaboration and to spotlight other educational areas in Sl.
The TNC Conference Center will have sessions for K-12 teachers about "real life" classroom issues. Topics will include teaching strategies, classroom management, lesson plan sharing and project exchanges.
Keep watching for announcements concerning our open house!




No comments: