Sunday, August 10, 2008

Presentation on Webquests

This Saturday at the TNC Conference Center we had a workshop on WebQuests. After the presentation Pia asked me if I was going to put the slide show in slideshare. I decided to take the challenge and created the slideshow presentation that is located to the left of this posting (it looks like chalk and a chalkboard). It was much easier to use than I anticipated. Slideshare takes you step by step through the process. I am starting to think about the different ways I can use this in my classroom. What a great way to provide my presentations to my students. To view and listen to the slide show click on the “presentation” link at the bottom of the picture.

Next week we will be having the second part our webquest workshop and I encourage everyone to attend. For this part of the workshop you are to bring the URL of a webquest you have created or one you feel you can use in your classroom. We will be discussing the different webquests and talking about how to manage your students.

I am also excited to announce that Esme Qunhua will be at the TNC Conference Center on August 30th to discuss some constructivist teach tools she has created for SL. These tools work to get students actively engaged in their learning when you are teaching in SL.

One last thing I want to post is that I want to make sure everyone is aware of the SLED calendar. This keeps track of educational events that are happening in SL and is updated often: http://sl.nmc.org/wiki/SLED_Calender

I hope to be able to update the blog more often this week. As all of you know this time of year gets very busy. School starts here on Friday and teachers go back on Tuesday!

No comments: